HGUC Zaku II WIP Update: Painting and Decals

Painted the kit with traditional Char colors. Also decided to paint the joints and some weapon parts in metallics instead of gray.

Hand-brushed the details of cables, hands, soles, skirt and backpack.

Applied dry transfers and water slide decals.


HGUC Zaku II WIP Update: Extra Details

Scribed more panel lines on the legs, shield and head.

I also added a few pla-strips on some parts, just to give it a little design and texture.

Using a 3mm pla-rod, I drilled a 2.5mm hole at the middle to serve as the mono eye's encasement.


HGUC Zaku II WIP Update: Thighs, Skirts & Backpack

Did some articulation mods at the thighs. Cut it in half, placed 1.5mm plates on each half and inserted a PC and rod to provide rotation. I also trimmed the upper portion of it for more mobility when attached to the crotch area.

Detailed the skirts a bit by cutting and trimming. Also added a few panels at the back.

The stock backpack was kindda plain so I did some pla-plating. I also used O-bolts for additional details. After market thrusters will be added.


HGUC Zaku II WIP Update: Torso & Crotch Mods

Back to Gundams again after trying and experimenting on Armor kits. This is for the Mechapinoy In-house compe. Its a 1/144 scale Zaku II kit and I'm just gonna do some small modifications which will be hardly noticeable once painted. Maybe add some panel lines and little bits of details here and there just to improve the aesthetic look of it. But basically Im still going for the OOTB look.

Reshaped and bulked up the torso using pla-plates and epoxy putty. I find the stock torso to be a little bit out of proportion (small for the head). I also placed some plates at the sides just to give it some depth or detail.

Modified the crotch area too... extended it forward to complement the torso.


Tamiya T-62A Done

Finished my first armor kit! It's a Tamiya 1/35 Russian T62-A Tank. The build was purely for an informal group build at Mechapinoy, but its also a good break or mental build away from Gundams. I really enjoy this build because its different from what I usually do... from the assembly to painting. I've learned a lot of new techniques, used some new tools which is pretty exciting for me. Surely this wont be my last armor kit.

You can visit my gallery at www.mechaion.tk


Tamiya T-62A WIP Update: Weathering

Applied rust effects using Tamiya Weathering Master...

followed by Sand...

and lastly Light Sand.

After building up all the layers I noticed that I overdo it. I can say its quite hard to control all the weathering specially when you're enjoying doing it, not to mention its my first armor kit. Gonna erase some of the Sand because most of the little details like paint chippings and dry brush effects were completely covered.