Trumpeter 1/35 KV-1's Ehkranami Done


Been a while, been busy with the local modeling events here lately. Here's my 3rd attempt on armor modeling. Its a 1/35th scale Russian KV-1 "Ehkranami". Its a pretty straight forward OOTB build. I use Russian Green as my base paint, then toning it a bit with black and white/yellow for the post shade and highlights. Dry-brushed the kit with dark brown and dark gray to simulate scratches, sponge technique was used for the chippings. I also applied a dark brown pinwash and filter. For the mud effect I used Tamiya acrylics mixed with talc and fine sand (many thanks to Fritz for this recipe). Dust and Rust was achieved by using Tamiya weathering sets and oil paints.

Also kudos to Plamo for their tutorials and WIP's. Been a great help and excellent reference for this build.



0 comments: