Dragon 1/16 Unterscharfuhrer Figure: WIP 2

I applied a black acrylic wash on the figure first to raise the details, so that I can paint it a bit easier by seeing  the borders.

First time to paint skin tone, must admit its a trial and error process. I used acrylics as the base coat and oils for blending/highlights. I was also trying to simulate a zombie-ish looks thats why its sort of pale/grayish looking.

Here's a failed attempt on using acrylics to do the dark and light areas on the uniform. Somehow I cant get the effect that I want so I still resorted to a familiar medium which is oils to do most of the shading.

So far, this is what I got after the highlights and shading plus detail painting.